Having your house catch fire can be a devastating experience. There are several ways to reduce your risk of a fire in your home. At Don Allred Insurance, the agents who serve Burlington, NC residents can provide you with tips and tricks to help save your house from becoming a statistic. Lowering your risk of a house fire is easy if you use common sense.
Minimize the Use of Extension Cords
Using too many extension cords can overload your sockets. Minimizing the use of extension cords decreases the risk of fire caused by cords that have overheated. Use surge protectors and make sure they are properly grounded. Remove any extension cords that are overloaded.
Don’t Leave Open Flames Unattended
Don’t leave open flames unattended. Always turn off any gas stoves or ovens. Make sure if the burners are on that there is nothing flammable close by. You should also extinguish any candles that you may have burning.
Don’t Set Fireworks Off Close to Your Home
People set off fireworks at various times of the year to celebrate a variety of events. It’s extremely important that you aim any fireworks away from your home and other buildings. One misguided firework that lands on your roof can cause extensive damage if a fire starts.
In Burlington, NC, the agents of Don Allred Insurance can help you figure out what steps you need to take to reduce your risk of having a home fire. Taking a few minutes each day to ensure your home’s safety can reduce your risk of a home fire. Check each room before you leave the house to ensure you have done everything possible to keep your home safe and secure.