Quitting smoking is no easy task; for many here, in the Burlington, NC area, it can be one of the most challenging things to do. But with some helpful tips and a bit of motivation, you can successfully quit smoking for good. Here are five tips from us at Don Allred Insurance to get you started:
- Set a quit date and stick to it – Setting a specific date when you’ll stop smoking will help keep you motivated and give you something to work towards.
- Make a list of reasons why you want to quit – Writing down a list of all the benefits that quitting smoking will bring into your life will help remind you why it’s worth the effort.
- Get support from family & friends – Having support from those close to you can make a huge difference in helping you stay on track with your goal.
- Find activities that replace cigarettes – Whether going for a walk, reading a book, or talking with friends, finding positive activities that can serve as an alternative to smoking will help keep your mind off cigarettes.
- Celebrate your successes along the way – Celebrating each success, small or large, is key in keeping your motivation up and pushing forward on your path towards becoming smoke-free!
Quitting smoking isn’t easy, but it is possible! These five tips should put you on the right track to quitting successfully and achieving your goal of becoming smoke-free!
For more tips or to explore a health insurance policy for you or your family, call us at Don Allred Insurance today. We are proud to serve the Burlington, NC area.
Buying life insurance for a child is not for everyone, but it can be a wise choice depending on your circumstances. The team at Don Allred Insurance is always ready to discuss these issues with you. In the meantime, let’s review a few pros and cons.
- Relatively Inexpensive: Life insurance for children is inexpensive compared to policies for adults. Buying a policy allows you to lock in low rates, which are lowest for younger children.
- Guaranteed Insurability: Paying your premiums means your child will always have life insurance regardless of their future medical status. This can be critical if your child or your family has a history of medical challenges.
- Cash Value: All life insurance policies for children are whole-life policies, so a portion of the premiums builds cash value for the future.
- Final Expenses: In the unlikely event of your child’s passing, money will be available to handle the arrangements.
Long-Term Commitment: Premiums are payable for years or decades, so buying a policy makes the most sense if you are confident you will always be able to make the payments.
Low Rate of Return: Other investments typically have higher returns than life insurance. It is often better to safeguard your child’s future by ensuring the proper level of life insurance for yourself, your spouse, or others.
Coverage Limits: The total value of policies for children typically are capped at less than $100,000.
Contact Don Allred Insurance
Buying children’s life insurance can be a good choice for some families. Medical status, financial resources, and the other arrangements you’ve made all come into play. As always, the Don Allred Insurance team serving Burlington, NC can help you consider whether children’s life insurance makes sense as part of your broader insurance coverage.